Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Leggy Birds

Our paper plate, papier mache, chickens are all grown up. For the Hen Craft Challenge I needed to create a hen that represented me somehow, so all decked out in stripes, polka dots and converse this is me…. as a hen!!
DSC_0330-1
Working up from Miss6’s Paper Plate Chickens I decided to add ‘a bit of leg’.
-

how-to-legs
-
First I bent and twisted some modelling wire. I then taped the wire onto the underside of the hens and built up the thigh, legs with newspaper.
-
how-to-legs2
-
I then cut little boot shaped pieces of cardboard and packed in newspaper around each foot.
-
how-to-boots
-
how-to
When all taped up I sealed it all in with one layer of papier mache.
how-to-papier-mache
When dry I really enjoyed painting, stamping on the polka dots with a wine cork and the yellow circled with a toilet roll core. I used some handmade paper for the red tails and yellow beaks, and a little black sequin dot for the eyes.
-
pink_hen
-
green-paper-plate-hen

I think I look well as a hen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment